Sunday, January 31, 2016

Industrial Paper Towel Holder!!!


I originally was looking for a chicken wire paper towel holder, but couldn't really find one that I loved as a standing option. I went to etsy and began scouring. I started to see these paper towel holders made of pipes! You know I loved that look. With shipping the one I decided one would have cost me $51. Me, thinking I can make just about anything, said...I bet if I make a trip to home depot I can make this. 

It was Friday and I had to work...but after work it was on! I dropped by my neighborhood location and the sales associate near the pipes went to work after I showed him a picture. We compared it to play in with Legos. 

We started with a 1/2, 12" pipe for the longest leg and an 8" for the short. The "black" pipes were less expensive so this is what we went with.

Here are the exact pieces I used and the quantity:
1, 1/2", 12' black steel pipe
1, 1/2", 8' black steel pipe
3, 1/2" Black street elbow
4, 1/2" black tee
2, 1/2" black caps
3, 1/2 x CLOSE black steel pipe nipple
1, 1/2 x 3/8" bushing

Having the etsy picture as a guide we added "t" shaped jpints, elbows, and straight connectors to create this beauty. 

I went to the paint aisle and picked up the only oil rubbed paint I saw. With the paint being $7 my total for that night was $41. Although I didn't save a ton, I had instant gratification. 

Once home I painted and the following day added felt feet....just in case! I love the results!







post signature

0 comments: